Pages

Sunday, September 27, 2009

Painting a Series, Developing

Here are two recent paintings I based on smaller 4 x 6 "thumbnail" paintings. Both of the smaller paintings are part of my One Hundred Paintings Blog

Farm near Unionville
8 x 10 Oil on Canvas

This is the "thumbnail painting"
Farm near Unionville, PA. I came across this farm driving around Unionville and Doe Run PA near Kennetsquare and Chadds Ford. I had left the Devon Horse Show one afternoon to paint and take photos. I had been painting down the road (still am not happy with that painting, but I may make another stab at it)and was back driving when I saw this barn in my rearview mirror. Quick U-turn (the Honda Fit has its advantages over the Ford E-350 SuperDuty Van!) and some photos.



Jack on Plaid
8 x 10 Oil on Canvas

The "thumbnail" for Jack on Plaid

Speaking of the One Hundred Paintings Project, I have now started Phase Two, Second Hundred Paintings. The blog will still be the same, http://www.1hundredpaintings.blogspot.com but I will allow myself to paint different sizes, both larger and smaller.
You can sign up for Email notices about new blog posts at the blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails