Pages

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Saratoga Racetrack



The Grandstand at Saratoga Racetrack, seen from the backstretch. After crossing Union Ave from the showgrounds, you walk along the backstretch to the barns. I found some shade from a tree. My clamp-on white umbrella I use to shade my painting and palette has occassionally blown over in the wind. Not a good idea with horses constantly passing by....

The grandstand is huge and walking along the backstretch of the track I am awed at how big it is. After the hunter and jumper rings, this is exercise.

I have been getting out before the show and walking over to the Oklahoma training track behind us to watch the horses being exercised. I am told that with horses coming out of the early morning mist it is quite a sight. I haven't seen a morning mist yet, but it is quite a sight even in the sunlight.

The painting of the Grandstand is 9 x 12 and is $250.00 with a gold leaf frame.
You can find out more at and also reach me through my website: www.sfilarsky.com.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails