Pages

Monday, May 14, 2007

Painting a day.....I'm back!

Well it's time to get back on the ball with this blog. I have been painting the last six months and I need to get works up on Internet....

Toady's painting is from the Saratoga Springs, NY. My wife Theresa ( a portrait artist ) and I are at the St. Clements Horse Show, being held at the Saratoga racetrack. She is exhibiting her portraits and I am painting at the show, equestrian landscapes, paintings of the rings, etc.

What I found unique at this show, were the "crossing guards". The barns are on one side of Union Ave. and the show on the other. Crossing guards are set up to stop traffic so the horses can cross the road. Race horses cross daily to use the Oklahoma track, however they are done by 9:00am while the show horses cross all day.

Standing by the side of the road, on a beautiful spring day, the horses crossing the road, riders dressed in their formal attire, the slate roofed barns and the historic track and buildings takes you back to a less hectic, hurried time.

This painting "The Crossing at Saratoga" is an 8 x 16 oil. Available for $350.00, I am showing it on the easel just as I finished it.

I will be selling paintings of the show and the racetrack while we are here, after we leave I will have paintings available in a gallery here in Saratoga. More information and paintings tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails